Friday 23 October 2009

Collection Count

As some readers will be aware, I have a rather large DVD/Blu-ray collection. It's by no means amongst the largest in the world, but to any sane person it's big. Insanely big. Huge, one might say. And it's increasing all the time. Daily, at times.

So, in the interests of... well, nothing, really... I've decided to post a weekly Collection Count. Every Friday, a little list of some of the statistics from my collection. These will include a few the same every week, but, in case there's little variance (or, indeed, interest) I'll bung in one different stat every week. (If that makes no sense, hopefully it will in practice).

My collection has just been through quite a solid period of expansion, so it's a shame I didn't think of this earlier, and it probably means I'll now cut back and the numbers will barely shift at all... but we'll see.

Here's this week's numbers:

Number of titles in collection: 1,057
Of which DVDs: 1,024
Of which Blu-rays: 33

Number of discs in collection: 2,616
Number of films in collection: 1,094
Number of TV episodes in collection: 3,652

And statistic of the week is...

Total running time of collection (approx.):
179 days, 16 hours, and 53 minutes.

See you next week, faithful reader.

2 comments:

arnold the fish said...

My dvd collection is an insignificant fraction of that size, and I have still run out of shelf room.

badblokebob said...

I keep running out of shelf room, as you can imagine. Collection is currently spread around 3 different rooms, and I could do with more shelves.

Maybe I'll sell some.